This retreat is recommended for all expectant couples! A weekend aimed at bringing you knowledge and skills for what is coming up ahead. Arrive with your other half on Saturday at 2pm and get settled in your room in the lovely Rosemount House.
Our Antenatal Physiotherapy Partner Workshop starts at 4pm and in this 2.5h practical Workshop you will:
- Understand the Anatomy and Physiology of birth
- Understand signs and different stages of labour
- Learn how to use Obstetric Tens machine for pain relief during labour
- Learn basic pregnancy massage techniques
- Learn the best labour postures and breathing techniques to help you cope with pain
- Understand your partner’s supportive role during the pregnancy
- Learn the right relaxation techniques to keep you calm and focused during labour
- Manage your expectations: birthing plan vs birthing outcome
After the WS enjoy dinner in one of Wexford’s delicious restaurants and who knows a movie in the local cinema Arc. Following Breakfast on Sunday we will start our Parenting Workshop with Dr. Kate Byrne, our Child and Adolescent Psychologist.
- 2pm – Check in
- 4pm – Antenatal Partner Workshop (2.5h)
- 7pm – Dinner (not included)
- 9am – Breakfast (included)
- 10.30am – Parenting Workshop (2h).
*Max 3 couples!
2020 dates coming soon.