Pregnancy Massage is a wonderful and must-have massage therapy to be enjoyed from the 2nd trimester throughout your pregnancy up until your due date.
This pregnancy treatment focuses on the special needs of the mother-to-be as her body adapts to changes during pregnancy.
This massage aims at relaxing tense muscles, improve circulation and mobility, stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system and encourages a sense of well-being and total relaxation.
- Are you a pregnant woman looking for Prenatal Massage options in Dublin?
- Do you have pregnancy related pains, aches or stress?
- Are you in your 2nd trimester of pregnancy?
- Are you looking for the perfect gift or treat for a mum-to-be?
If you answered YES any of the above, here at Physiofit Woman in South Co Dublin we have the solution for you with our specialised Prenatal Massage.
- Reduces muscular discomforts: lower and upper back pain, leg cramps, sciatica and general stiffness
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints
- Improves lymph circulation and reduces swelling
- Increases blood circulation, which provides more oxygen and nutrients to both mother and baby
- Stabilizes hormonal levels and helps relieve anxiety caused by hormonal changes
- Helps to lower stress and allows the mother to relax and cope with contractions
- It can shorten labour times by aiding the mother to cope with the experience, and progress through it quicker.
The first trimester of pregnancy is a delicate time so we recommend that pregnancy massages are enjoyed from 12 weeks onward.
Generally every 4-6 weeks is recommended. However, many mums-to-be come every 2-3 weeks depending on their specific needs such as pain management in conjunction with Pregnancy Physiotherapy or just the desire to relax and avail of all the benefits pregnancy massage can offer. For this reason we have specially priced massage packages if you are going to be having frequent massages throughout your pregnancy.
We offer mums-to-be the option of 30 minute, 45 minute, or 60minute massages. As a general rule of thumb: 30 minute massages include back, neck and shoulder treatment. 45 minute massages include back, neck, shoulder and head massage. 60 minute massage is a full body massage including a relaxing face and head massage. However, each treatment time can be tailored to the specific needs of mum-to-be.
30 minute pregnancy massages cost €50
45 minute pregnancy massages cost €70
60 minute pregnancy massages cost €80
Our Pregnancy Massage was created by Deborah Fernandes our Clinic Director, who is a Chartered Physiotherapist with over 20 years of experience and holding specific and qualified pregnancy and postnatal training including Ayurveda training for Women’s Health in India.
As a Chartered Physiotherapist in Women’s Health, a qualified Antenatal Educator and a Prenatal Pilates Instructor, Deborah understands the physiological and anatomical changes that occurs during pregnancy and the aches and pains associated while pregnancy progresses.
The clinical expertise combined with her holistic approach resulted in a innovative and practical Pregnancy Massage where a Physio Ball, expert touch and skilled techniques are applied to release the tension on Back, Neck and Shoulders, reduce fluid retention and tiredness on feet and legs and finally soothe the worries on head and face, relaxing the entire body and calming the mind.
Deborah was one of the first Physiotherapists to bring Pregnancy Massage to Ireland in a safe and clinical approach where the relaxation and pamper element is not forgotten.
Knowledge and safety are paramount to Deborah and her clinic. For this reason all our in-house Holistic Therapists have completed a 30h Pregnancy Massage Training with Deborah and are now fully qualified to offer any mum-to-be the pamper experience that every woman deserves!